Programs all starting from $2450
What is the weather like?
The American state of Hawai’i, which covers the Hawaiian Islands, is tropical but it experiences many different climates, depending on altitude and surrounding. The island of Hawai’i for example hosts 4 (out of 5 in total) climate groups on a surface as small as 4,028 square miles (10,430 km2) according to the Köppen climate types: tropical, arid, temperate and polar. When counting also the Köppen sub-categories the island of Hawaii hosts 8 (out of 13 in total) climate zones. The islands receive most rainfall from the trade winds on their north and east flanks (the windward side) as a result of orographic precipitation. Coastal areas are drier, especially the south and west side or leeward sides.
What to bring?
- Yoga textbooks and asana manual
- A sticky, non-slip yoga mat
- Yoga Belt
- Water bottle
- Travel mug for hot drinks
- Toiletries (feminine hygiene products) and towels (hand towel too)
- Writing materials: lined paper, pens, etc.
- Flashlight or headlamp (necessary)
- Battery operated alarm clock and watch (You will need to carry a watch at all times as there are no bells)
- Extra batteries
- Layers of comfortable clothing (including WARM & COOL clothes regardless of season)
- Comfortable clothes for daily yoga practice and meditation
- Fleece jacket, down vest, sweaters (except the months of July or October or in Bali)
- Long underwear, warm socks (except the months of July or October or in Bali)
- A winter hat (toque) (except the months of July or October or in Bali)
- Shorts, tank tops, swimsuit
- A fun, out on the town, outfit
- Personal comfort items i.e. supplements
- Comfortable shoes for walking, and sandals
- Sun hat
- Light weight long sleeve shirt for protection from sun
- During the last week of training each student will be presenting a half hour class. At that class you might want to have some music to play and a reading as part of the class set up. If you have some inspiring readings and music that you feel would be appropriate, please bring them. We have CD player or you can use your IPOD or MP3 player.
What kind of food is available?
If you eat one meal in Hawaii, make it traditional Hawaiian food. With dishes like kalua pork, chicken long rice, squid luau, poi, laulau, and lomi lomi salmon, an authentic Hawaiian meal will introduce you to the true tastes of the islands. There are also vegetarian and vegan choices. Meals are low as $10 per meal.
What are the accommodations like at the training?
Please visit each training page to view photos of the accommodations. They can be found at the bottom of each page.
Is Hawaii safe?
Safety in Hawaii. Although tourist areas are generally safe, visitors should always stay alert, even in laid-back Hawaii (and especially in Waikiki). It’s wise to ask the island tourist office if you’re in doubt about which neighborhoods are safe. Avoid deserted areas, especially at night.