Programs all starting from $2450
This online program you will discover the art of yoga therapy. This program teaches research and theory, and then how it relate it practically. This training will give you the skills to be a solid yoga therapist.
At $2495 US, our 300 Hour Certified Yoga Therapy program are the most most certified, affordable, and quality 300 yoga teacher therapy training program available online.
History of Yoga Therapy (20 hours)
- Students will learn the sources of yoga therapy
- How its has developed
- And finally students will learn why since the 1990s yoga therapy has increased exponentially
Principles of Yoga Therapy (20 hours)
- Principles of Yoga Therapy using the following yoga tools: Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Mantra and Meditation
Advance and Applied Anatomy and Physiology For Therapeutic Yoga (20 hours)
- Students will gain a deeper understanding of physical anatomy and physiology from a Western perspective, as well as the energy anatomy of the subtle inner body.
- Students will learn about the major systems of the body and their interrelationships relevant to the work of a yoga therapist
- Students will also learn about biomechanics and movement as they relate to the practice of yoga, as well as knowledge of the interaction between the body, breath, mind, intellect and emotions in health and well-being
Yoga Therapy Methodology: Assessing and Intake Skills (30 hours)
- Students will learn assessment skills
- Students’ will learn to hone their ability to observe misalignment in the body and offer appropriate verbal and physical assists and adjustments.
- Students will learn how to maintain a presence as a therapist, how to cultivate an ability to hold space for a range of clients
- Student will learn how to address structural imbalances and misalignments in both a one-on-one and group setting
- Students will be trained in the art of asking skillful questions during an intake interview
Yoga, Trauma, Mental Health and Specialty Populations (30 hours)
- During this course, students will gain an understanding of causes and processes of disease in the body, and common imbalances and injuries of the human body.
- Yoga Therapists are exposed to various medical conditions and physical injuries, requiring students to become familiar with, and knowledgeable in, various pathophysiological cases so that they can meet their clients’ needs, provide effective treatment plans and avoid causing harm.
- This course will include lectures and workshops taught by various experts in the Yoga Therapy industry, focusing on specific conditions and populations and applications of Yoga Therapy suited to each. Through this course, students will broaden their exposure to various approaches in yoga therapy, offering a glimpse into various areas of specialization in their careers. Students will learn about the population/condition, benefits of yoga techniques, indications, contraindications and the most potent tools for treatment. Specialty populations include individuals who are:moving through grief, depression & anxiety, in recovery from addictions and trauma, seniors experiencing chronic pain, Muscular-skeletal injury, Athletes, Stress-related illness, Chronic fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Asthma. Heart disease, Cancer
Working With Other Health Professionals (20 hours)
- What they are
- The general processes of how other health professionals treat patients
- Shared Language
Philosophy & Lifestyle (20 hours)
- From a yoga perspective, students will learn more about own personal philosophies, biases, etc.
- Students will gain a deeper textual and experience of Yogic philosophy, while creating a better understanding of the impact philosophy has on both differential diagnosis and treatment in therapy
- Students will learn how to communicate yoga philosophy & lifestyle to other students and clients
The Business of Yoga Therapy (10 hours):
- Covers practical business knowledge
- How to market yourself authentically and professionally
- How to build and manage a caseload
- How to market workshops and courses
- Students will learn how to manage finances and expenses
- Students will also learn about the therapist-client relationship, harnessing a thorough understanding of waivers, insurance, liability and record-keeping,
- Students will learn other skills essential for running a business in the yoga therapy industry
Pavela - UK
Everything about my yoga teacher training was cool. Becoming a yoga teacher has been a goal for a long time and now that I have done the program, I realize how much the teachers in the program openness and patience help me to find that voice - I knew I had - inside of me and that I draw on so much now, as a yoga teacher.
Jen - UK
My training forced me to get real with me, and this is what the yoga training with Dharma Yoga really did for me. I feel now as a teacher I can teach from a place that comes from my soul. This is priceless!
Anne - Canada
My experience with Dharma Yoga was positive, fun and amazing. The ytt was a perfect mix of both practical and theory and it allowed me to develop my personal practice and it also provided me with the knowledge required to deeply understand the philosophies of yoga in a way I am able to now teach them to others.
Gretchen - Canada
I loved my yoga training with Dharma Yoga, I feel it helped build my passion for yoga even more. The level of teaching has helped me to gain the confidence in teaching. I believe this YTT is just the start of my yoga journey.
Karbo - Spain
My yoga teacher training was a transformative experience. I feel confident now in my ability to teach a yoga class, not just the poses but in a centered way that connects the mind and body. I honestly was a yoga skeptic when I arrived at my ytt and left knowing the truth that I am a soul in a body.
Steve - UK
What I got the most out of the program, is to being kind to myself, even when I feel I have not done my best. Aside to this, I feel yoga is my calling and I am in the process of taking my advance yoga teacher training now and intend on making yoga my career, this all to the thanks of Dharma Yoga.
The yoga teachers at Dharma Yoga were knowledgeable, kind and approachable. The entire yoga teacher training experience exceeded my expectations. Not only did I deepened my own personal practice, but I also learned about anatomy, philosophy and poses. I am so grateful for this program, best decision I ever made.
Olivia - Mexico
I found my teaching voice doing this program and I am forever grateful for this.
Jenny - UK
The Dharma Yoga yoga teacher training experience was great, it is one of the most fun things I have ever done.
Kathy - USA
The training with Dharma helped me to gain confidence to teach yoga and this allowed me to leave my career as nurse to purse my dream of being a yin yoga teacher.
Self Study Program: Start working on the program from the day you register
Discount: $400 discount paying in full at the time of registration.
Duration: Needs to be completed within one year from the date of registration.